Sunday, March 2, 2008

Go nuts for the healthy nut!

Almonds are so delicious and so healthy for you! Do you know that almonds are the most nutritious of all nuts? They contain calcium and magnesium for strong bones, and may help lower cholesterol. They have protein, which helps fill you up and rebuilds muscles and also vitamin E and folic acid to boot!

They've helped me in my weight loss goals. I snack on them when I need a boost of energy and that feeling good kind of feeling. They are not low fat – but most of the fat they do contain is the "good" kind – the monounsaturated – hooray!!!! And just an ounce – it has the health benefit, but won't make your calorie count soar.

Almond butter is also delicious. We began to eat it in my house because it is allergy-free, but continue to eat it because it is delicious! It is sweeter than peanut butter and for all of the reasons I have already listed, it is better for you too. It is higher in vitamin e and fiber – and we all know that fiber helps fill you up and clear you out!! It's about the same in calories but I think it has better taste!

More interesting nutritious info can be found here: http://www.nutsforalmonds.com/nutrition.htm

I encourage you to go nuts for this delicious, healthy nut!

No comments: