Saturday, March 8, 2008

When life gives you lemons … pass!

I have always told people to get the lemon for your water – it's extra antioxidants, I always say. The restaurant has them cut and nicely balanced on the side of your glass, oh so sweetly. Do every one little healthy thing that is easy – the way that I try to live – fit in the healthy stuff here and there, simply, and it will all make an impact. So, now I get this email today and it makes me want to puke on my fuzzy, warm, black and pink striped slipper socks that my Mom got me for my birthday.

As if it isn't enough that restaurant plates and silverware aren't exactly … clean to my standards. And the bathrooms are revolting most of the time. So, now this lovely video I was sent today takes the cake. And I don't mean lemon cake, either!

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/3/4/beware-of-lemon-slices-in-your-restaurant-drinks.aspx

So ... skip that whole antioxidant thing that I said. Take an extra vitamin, or eat a lemon when you get home from the restaurant. Fecal matter?? Seriously?????

2 comments:

Jana said...

Okay... so now I won't be ordering lemons in my water... Ucky! Thanks for the post!

Jessica (mom to 3 sassy's) said...

Well I did see at the Red Lobster in Novi that the bar back cuts and puts all the garnishes together with gloves on his hands. Maybe after this expose other places will follow!! We can hope!!